We have been eating a lot of mushrooms lately as a substitution for meat. We paired these mushrooms with homemade butternut squash soup. Deliciousness all around.
- 3 Portobello mushroom caps
- 1 cup panko bread crumbs
- 2 Tablespoons butter, melted
- 1 teaspoon fresh rosemary, finely chopped
- 1/2 teaspoon fresh thyme, finely chopped
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 6 Tablespoons ricotta cheese
- shredded Parmesan cheese
- oil for pan
- Heat oven to 400 degrees. Lightly oil a rimmed baking sheet and arrange mushrooms, gill side up. Add 2 tablespoons ricotta cheese to each mushroom cap, filling completely.
- In a small bowl combine butter, bread crumbs, rosemary, thyme and salt. Top each mushroom cap with mixture. Sprinkle with Parmesan cheese.
- Bake in oven for 15-18 minutes, or until bread crumbs begin to brown.